Diabetic Patients rely on everyday sugar level tests. But without proper devices, it is difficult for them to do so. The situation is worse for older adults who find it difficult to leave their homes daily without assistance. So what is that one device that helps you overcome all these issues? The best glucometer in India is your answer.
What Is A Glucometer?
A glucometer is a device that is specifically designed to measure a person’s sugar levels and deliver accurate results in a minute. This device is inexpensive and is easily available in online and offline markets. In additions, it is user-friendly and easy to use.
Benefits Of Glucometer
Buying a glucometer is a medical investment and almost zero maintenance expense. You only need to put in new batteries when the old one dries out—Glucometers last a lifetime. You will never need to replace your glucometer if you buy one. It can safely be called a pocket-friendly zero maintenance or repair device.
- Variety Available
The simple types only measure your blood sugar levels and then give you the results. But the advanced types can store data for up to 6 months; these also have Bluetooth and can be connected to your laptop or Pc, or cellphones. So advanced glucometers are convenient and save a lot of your time. In addition, you don’t need to keep a record yourself; the device always keeps a backup. You can also directly mail the results to your doctor.
- Old People Benefit More
A device like a glucometer is beneficial to all that’s true, but old people benefit especially from them. The elderly might not also find it convenient to frequently leave the house for something petty as a blood sugar test. Using the glucometer is simple, and it allows you to self-monitor your sugar levels. They will be able to test the sugar level anytime they want without leaving the comfort of their homes.
- Accurate Results
A glucometer delivers the most accurate result within a span of a minute. It gives up to 99% accurate results. All doctors approve it, and they find it a reliable source of testing. Glucometer delivers accurate results in minimum time and makes it easier for you to test your blood sugar anywhere, anytime.
- All Various Prices
If you worry that this sophisticated device costs a fortune, let’s bust this myth for you. Glucometer comes at all prices, and you can pick the one that fits your budget.
How To Use A Glucometer?
First-time users can find it daunting to use the best glucometer in India, but it becomes easy once you get accustomed to the system. So here’s a helpful guide for users so that you get it right the first time!
Things You Need To Keep Ready
- Alcohol prep pads if you don’t have access to the water supply
- A lancet
- Test Strips
- A Notebook ( if you wish to note down the results)
Step By Steps Guides For First Time Users
- Keep an alcohol prep pad ready if you don’t have access to the water supply. The alcohol will help you to sanitize the area from where you intend to collect the blood
- Sanitize the lancet before you pierce it into your body
- Warming up the hands helps to make the blood flow easier. So to warm your hand up, rub them against one another briskly. Or run warm water on them
- Then you need to pierce the selected area in your palm with the lancet
- Before piercing yourself check the lancet setting, make adjustments if needed
- Take as much blood as need by the glucometer and then wait for it to signal
- Switch on the glucometer and place the test strip inside it. Once you have placed the test strip, wait for the glucometer’s indication to place the blood on the test strip
- Once you have inserted the test strip inside, wait for a minute or so, and you’ll get the result immediately
If your glucometer does not have a memory, you will need to manually note down the data and contact the doctor when necessary. But either way, you must keep a record of your daily sugar levels.
Common First Time Mistakes You Shouldn’t Make
The first time might seem a little eerie and daunting, but it’ll be a piece of cake once you get the trick!
- If piercing becomes unbearably painful, you need to change the size of your lancet. Lancets come in various sizes and only use the one that applies to your glucometer
- You can also adjust the settings of your lancet and regulate how far beneath the skin it’ll penetrate
- Use the test strips that go along with your glucometer, or they won’t fit in the device
A sophisticated, convenient, and user-friendly device like the glucometer has made the lives of all diabetic patients easy. It gives 99% accurate results and takes only a minute to deliver to you.